Pages

How To Access Deleted Photos On Facebook [Updated]

If by mistake you have deleted some of the photo’s or entire photo album which you had uploaded earlier to your Facebook account, and now you don’t have the backup of those pictures. So, here I am going to tell you how to get back those deleted images.

The trick that I am going to tell will actually work only for limited period of time and you need to have the copy of URL address of the photo.
How To Access Deleted Photos On Facebook
Basically,when you upload a picture to Facebook, the Facebook offers you a URL at the bottom of each photo, there is also a URL address for whole of the album, so if you know the URL address then those deleted pictures can be easily made accessible.

How it works?

When you upload a picture, share a video or any link on Facebook, then that content is equally shared by Content Distribution Network (CDN) on Facebook server all over the world, which basically stores multiple copies of that content on different servers around the globe so to make those pictures,video’s easily and more quickly accessible in your region.

However, when you delete your photos from your acount, despite them being removed from view, if you still have the image’s direct URL address then it may still be accessible for a period of time.

So, If you want to get any picture back which you have uploaded earlier  then you may can try this trick.

Update[26 OCT 2011]: As, I checked this trick few days back and it was not working because Facebook has made many changes to it and now if you accidently delete any pictures,it gets removed by Facebook at the same time hence the URL trick doesn’t work.

If you find out this post useful then please share it with your friends.

Related Reads:

Download Entire Facebook Photo Album: [How to]

Download Photos from Facebook to iOS device with FB Photos Download

Connect with Techdistinct on Twitter or Follow on Facebook. Subscribe to feed via RSS or Email to receive free updates.

, , , , ,

24 Responses to How To Access Deleted Photos On Facebook [Updated]

1. Rohit | Ipod Touch 4G October 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM #

Gud Post….I guess the Images get removed after 3 months..as i had read it in Newspaper…

• ABHISHEK October 20, 2010 at 12:14 PM #

yes Rohit ..image gets removed after a certain period of time.

2. Ayush Chand January 19, 2011 at 5:28 PM #

Thanks Abhi for the post!

• ABHISHEK January 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM #

thankyou for your comment..

3. Marina September 22, 2011 at 10:41 AM #

You have really interesting blog, keep up posting such informative posts!

• Abhishek Shukla September 26, 2011 at 1:52 AM #

thanks Marina for the nice words, keep visiting techdistinct

4. Lamia Khan September 24, 2011 at 2:44 AM #

PLEASE.I NEED YOUR HELP. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED A PHOTO ON FACEBOOK,. AND I NEED IT DESPERATELY. PLEASE HELP ME. I DONT HAVE THE PHONE ANYWHERE ELSE.

• Abhishek Shukla September 29, 2011 at 6:45 AM #

Hi Lamia,
      Due to recent changes that were made to Facebook, you cannot get back those deleted photos because Facebook clears the cache files immediately as you delete any image from your account. So, it is impossible to get back them. Sorry !!

• SK January 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM #

I had a profile photo with 171 likes and accidently deleted it :/ you cant get it back !

5. Samuel November 10, 2011 at 9:49 PM #

Wooow, never knew something of this nature once existed. Thumbs up ahbi

• Abhishek Shukla November 22, 2011 at 12:28 PM #

I’m happy Samuel that you liked the post..

• Lakiesha January 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM #

I’m not quite sure how to say this; you made it etxrmeely easy for me!

6. Dedra Pisciotta January 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM #

Ohh great article, may you explain more? waiting your more articles.

• Abhishek Shukla January 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM #

Yaa sure will come up with some new cool how to articles soon :D

7. Timmy Lemar January 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM #

Anybody who read this article will be feel usefull, I will wait your more articles next time. thanks mate.

• Abhishek Shukla January 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM #

I’m Glad to know that..will come up with some interesting articles soon.!!

8. Tim June 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM #

you can still get the image back, if it is in your News feed or someone’s wall. if you click on the image one the wall then immediately right click where the image would load in the black window and then press copy URL. if you then paste this into the URL bar it will take you to the images location on the Facebook image server were it will still be.

• Abhishek Shukla June 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM #

Thanks Tim, for sharing this tips! In some cases or in a recent updates that FB has made, it may be not possible as the image location on the FB server keeps on changing due to security.

9. hassan iqbal August 19, 2012 at 7:17 AM #

Hi 5 years ago i sent some fotos to some one on hotmail.but now a days these fotos r not on my sent item. can i watch them? and did not delete these fotos or mail

• Abhishek Shukla August 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM #

Hello Hasan! Sorry to say due to frequent upgradation hotmail may have erased those old photos from your sent item.

10. hassan iqbal August 19, 2012 at 7:18 AM #

and 2 years ago i uploaded some foots on my face book.but afterfew days i deleted them. can i see them?

• Abhishek Shukla August 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM #

2 years is a long time, this days FB will delete your pictures from their server and CDN at the very moment you delete them from your FB account.

11. kelebogile karen kgasa September 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM #

I’ve been trying to get access to my deleted photos on facebook but all it does is it goes back to the same page how can I get access to my deleted photos thank you

Regards